Monday, 29 April 2013
List of Recipients of 13th Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards
Bollywood legends including filmmaker Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna and playback singer Asha Bhosle are among those likely to be honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards on April 30 at Bhaidas Auditorium in suburban Vile Parle in Mumbai.
Living legend Asha Bhosle will be honoured with the Phalke Ratna Award for her continuous contribution in the field of music for last five decades.
While Late Yash Chopra will be conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for his services to the Indian film industry, his wife Pamela will receive the Saraswatibai Phalke Award on his behalf.
Akshay Kumar will be presented with the best actor award for Rowdy Rathore while his mother-in-law Dimple Kapadia will receive the Phalke Ever Memorable Actor award.
Few more winners of the 13th Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards
• Phalke Best Supporting Actor Award for Khiladi 786 will be given to Himesh Reshammiya
• Disha Vakani and Dilip Joshi will be awarded the best TV actor and actress in small screen category, for their performances in the popular show, Tarak Mehta Ka Ulta Chashma.
• Prem Chopra will be awarded the Phalke Senior Actor (Negative Role) Award
• Mala Sinha will be awarded the Phalke Icon Cine Artiste Award
• Manoj Bajpai will get the Phalke Excellent Performance award for the film Gangs of Wasseypur, and Irrfan Khan will receive the Phalke Memorable Performance Award for Paan Singh Tomar, while Phalke Versatile Actor award will be presented to Govinda.
• Phalke Debut Actor Award will be presented to the newcomer of Bollywood, Arjun Kapoor
• Rajesh Khanna will be awarded the first superstar of Indian Cinema Award.
The event is held annually to celebrate Dada Saheb Phalke Jayanti, where most senior members of various craft of film production sector are honoured by presenting trophies for their outstanding services to the industry.
A happy Prem Chopra told "Dadasaheb Phalke is the father of film industry and it is because of him so many people got job in film industry. We are thankful to him and the Academy to consider me for this award."
Dadasaheb Phalke, the founding father of Indian Cinema, was born on April 30, 1870 at Trimbakeshwar near Nasik in the Maharashtra state of India. Named as Dhundiraj Govind Phalke by his Sanskrit scholar parents, Phalke developed a passion for creative arts from a young age and enrolled at the Sir J.J. School of Arts, Bombay in 1885.
India's most prestigious film award has been named after Dadasaheb Phalke to honour his path-breaking efforts in Indian cinema.